Saturday, October 10, 2015

poor attempt at a photo shoot

I knew that photography was hard. I knew that up until May of this year I had absolutely NO idea how to do it. We had a nice camera but no clue what to do with it. I knew that photographers worked like crazy to get good pictures of kids, as we saw during our 4 hour newborn shoot with Jackson, Val's practice shoot with him at 6 months, Val's extended family pics at 18 months and then Erin's family shoot of our family when Rachel was born.

So, I thought it would be a good learning experience to do pics of Rachel. I gathered beads from friends, a blanket and put together a few outfits. The trouble with R is that she is HANGRY by 5pm even if she gets a snack. So, getting good lighting proved to be very difficult as I had to do this at 3:30. She was fairly grumpy, so we scratched the idea of going to a location and instead just used our trusty front yard again.  Here is the final product, which turned out ok all things considered! 



admiring her jewels


No comments:

Post a Comment