Monday, July 13, 2015

When those Caissons go Rolling Along!

Here's a little from early July:

Rachel is everywhere. Doors are still her favorite toy, but she will play with anything she can get her hands on. She eats anything and everything (food and non). She learned how to wave and point. Each morning when I get her up, she immediately cranes her neck to see her mirror. Then she waves at herself and grins from ear to ear. 

Daddy play time is the best
Rachel had her first out-of-the-carseat-and-able-to-play-with-toys day at the library last week. She loved eating the legos and playing at this table. Jackson has started to make friends with strangers in the last few months. It makes it fun to go to the park and library because he can usually find someone (aka NOT me) to play with so I can have some time with Rachel.
On the 4th of July, we snuggled on the couch for a while before fireworks and I taught him the Pledge of Allegiance.  After I had him recite the it for the group at dinner, Matt started off a great rendition of the When the Caissons go Rolling Along! The next day Jackson asked to sing, "The song that grandad sings all the time".  After numerous guesses, he gave me a clue, "you know the one about the dusty trail". Ah yes. So we have been listening to this song on repeat. Over and over and over and over. GO ARMY! (yikes, can I live in Norfolk and still say that?!)
Jackson's first baseball game: Mike Fine caught a ball
J's second game: Jonathan caught a ball
J's third game: I caught a t-shirt (single handed with my left hand, while holding a plate of food and 7 months pregnant by the way!)

So, now he thinks that it's his turn to catch something and he expects to catch something every game. Dream big, my son, and keep sitting in the high bleachers on the 3rd base line. Dreams do come true.  
J has been asking some pretty heavy questions about death (following the death of my parent's 15 year old yellow lab), God and Heaven. He wants to know after we go to heaven, when will we come back to our house that we live in now? Is God everywhere? How can we see Him? These are great questions with sometimes simple and sometimes VERY complex answers. And he chooses to ask me them on our morning run when I'm too winded to talk ;) When I try to ask him at home, he usually says, "It's ok mommy, I already know all about it". 
My favorite time of morning, our post-run dance party in the kitchen! 
Rachel is still not a fan of any type of head gear but she sure loves the beach! 


No comments:

Post a Comment