Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Rachel is 4 months old!

Hey everyone, Rachel here and I'm 4 months old. Life is starting to get exciting! I'm reaching for things, giggling all the time and am more alert. My favorite thing to do is chew on my hands and fingers. Really, any combination those is my jam. I have a tooth on the bottom right and think some more could be coming, so I gnaw on my first finger to make my gums feel better. I drool a lot, but NO WHERE near as much as my brother did. His drool chest would extend down to his belly button! I've started to spit-up less which makes mommy happy. I'm still on zantac, which is disgusting; I love to spit it out when mommy turns her back. I also hate the Vitamin D drops that my doctor makes me take while I'm breast feeding. Speaking of eating, I still hate taking a bottle. I just like to have mom around all the time so she can feed me. 
I think dad is the best. I hear his voice from across the house and turn my neck like an owl in order to see him. He and I like to make each other smile. A lot. We also like to watch soccer together. It's our favorite.  He finished up 5 night shifts and stayed up when he was super exhausted to take care of us while mom was really sick one day. 
Jackson has to be the coolest big brother around. He climbs in my crib to help me wake up in the morning. He shares his stuffed animals and cars with me. I like the ambulances that make noise and light up.  He does like to borrow all of my stuffed animals, but he generally returns them sometime in the same month.  J is very generous too. He recently shared his cold with mom and me. I was so sick with a runny/stuffy nose and a sad little cough. I still managed to sleep ok, but it brought mom to tears one night when I had my first (small) fever. I just looked really pale and wouldn't smile at all. But I'm one tough cookie and bounced back quickly. 
I think I weigh about 15-16 pounds but will go to see the good Dr. C next week. I'm longer and skinnier than Jackson was, so I'm mostly wearing 6 month clothes that are very baggy through my shoulders.  I love to be outside and listen to the birds but it's been too cold here for many walks.  Lincoln is a pretty good dog...he licks my face all the time and it tickles!
I still love to sleep. Bedtime is about 6:30 and unless I'm really hungry (which I have been lately), I sleep until 5:30am or so. During the day I still stay awake for 1 hour and 15 minutes and then head down for nap again. It doesn't leave a ton of play time but we manage to make the most of tummy time and reading books in the bumbo.  That's all until next month!





No comments:

Post a Comment