Monday, December 30, 2013

More Pre-Christmas Fun

December was certainly a fun, busy month! We didn't travel anywhere, though, so it was a relaxing type of fun. J and I enjoyed a much-needed morning play date with Ellie and Lizzy Kay (and Ally and Mary, too!). It was an awake-at-4am kinda day so we made a stop at Panera to share a breakfast sandwich which turned his mood all around. After a 10 minute power nap in the car he was ready to play with his buddies. The moms chatted over lattes and the kids destroyed (in a good way) Mary's play room. I love that my child loves my friends' kids. We are so blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful friends.  

 The zoo is a 3 minute drive from my gym so Jackson and I pop in most days after my morning spin class. The weather has been gorgeous, too, which is a nice treat. We are all in need of some serious sunshine after a string of cold, rainy days.  Sometimes we don't see any animals but just run around, climb walls and look at flowers. Other days, we are fascinated with snakes or turtles. I don't know what I am going to do when J wants to touch a snake. I wonder how I can not pass on my (many unfounded) fears to my little guy. Well, I'll cross that bridge later :) 
 Then, there was December 22nd, 2013. It was 80 degrees outside. So, what else do you do when it's beautiful but put on a speedo, play in the sprinkler and eat a homemade popsicle. 
 That same evening, we had planned to do a walking or driving (if it was raining) tour of the lights in our neighborhood. But, we were pleasantly surprised by the weather and took a bike tour instead! The McNabbs joined us and we had a grand time pedaling around, listening to Christmas music and listening to the kids in awe of the beautiful lights. 
 Finally, our last event leading up to Christmas was to make our first annual Byrne family ginger bread house. Beth got us a pre-assembled one from Williams Sonoma so we got to do all the fun without the laborious construction of the structure.  JB is the master gingerbread house maker so he made sure to pass all of his techniques down to little J.  I sat back and ate mint M&Ms and watched my boys do their crafty thing together. 




No comments:

Post a Comment