Monday, December 23, 2013

I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite

First of all, I would like to say thank you to Lisa and Bonnie for my white elephant gift. 
We called this "The Year of the Rat" in the Monterey/Bolling compound and I was by far the most perturbed by the furry, long-tailed creatures both in our yard and in our walls. For the community group white elephant, they bought me a rat from IKEA (you can find everything at that store!). Andy stole the homemade peppermint bark candle that I was really excited about. I thought he was being really sweet to steal a gift for Bonnie, but little did I know that he was a plant to leave me with the rat. Per a suggestion from Mike and Blair we have named the rat, Ronaldo, to honor their red glass duck wedding gift-turned-Christmas decoration. 
Last Friday night we hosted our 4th or 5th annual Elf and Sugar Cookies night. In attendance were the Robbs, McNabbs, Gregg from up the street and a brief appearance by Lane and William from next door. We really missed the Sabins, who have been with us since the beginning and can quote the entire movie. I wish we could say that we saved some cookies for them…but they were just too good.  The kids enjoyed rolling, cutting and scooping cookies onto the trays. But not as much as they loved decorating and eating the cookies! We actually managed to watch an hour of Elf, too.
Luke is proud of his snowflake
Jackson did so well this year! 
Katie ponders what to do next
Evan, 1 year old, getting started with cookies early in life
M&Ms, sprinkles, icing…yum

The Robbs
Our little cookie monster

No comments:

Post a Comment