Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Grandparent time

First of all, check out my new car. It's so fast, comfortable and was totally designed by a mom...it's got keyless entry, automatic tailgate opening and closing with one button and it doesn't scream 'mom car' (until you look inside, that is). 
 We have spent most of the past few weekends down in Va Beach for various events including the Shamrock Marathon Weekend.  Jackson can't get enough of his silly grandparents! They were so sweet to watch him last weekend when Jonathan and I had a Physical Therapy retreat at the Boars Head Inn in Charlottesville (tough life!). J had a nasty cough, fever and was just not a fun kid to be around, but they survived and we're grateful for all the noses wiped, songs sang, tantrums quieted and hugs given.  

singing songs on the steps
looks up to his granddad
I keep having many of those, "You know you're a mom when..." moments.

I find a sweet potato puffs container in my gym bag
Cheerios fall on the floor when I change out of my shirt in the evenings
There are snot stains on my left shoulder and both thighs
I get in the car and instead of NPR or my favorite pop station I hear Old McDonald
My BOB jogger has gotten WAY more miles than my road bike ever has
My Target bills have gone up (is that even possible?!)
Going to bed at 7:30 is not lame, it's awesome
You utter the phrase, "I'm doing this because I love you"
There are little white socks in my clean laundry
I cough when he is congested as if it will help clear his chest
I think I can't possibly love this kid anymore than I do now, and then it just keeps getting better
You realize you would do anything for this little guy
fun at the pirate park


No comments:

Post a Comment