Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Chick Fil A

How do you know you have a toddler?

Your dog's fur is covered in clumps of oatmeal.  
The floors are sticky with whole milk. 
The dishwasher runs daily instead of twice a week.
You start your car and "Itsy Bitsy Spider" blasts over the speakers.
Cheerios are everywhere...and I mean, everywhere

I love being the mom of a toddler. Don't get me wrong, I am EXHAUSTED most days, but watching him grow up is incredible. Jonathan remarked the other day that it's quite odd to see him walking around our house. It's these same setting that held the immobile blob of cute chubby baby and then the crawler, but for some reason it looks strange to see him walking around our house. I guess it just emphasizes the point that our little guy is growing up. In a moment of true creative genius, I told a friend, "It's like they are...well, you know...little people". I could have made millions if I just thought of that earlier! *sigh*.  He walks, eats adult food, dresses in cute little boy clothes and is starting to do real problem solving and purposeful play.  

Recently, there has been one thing that makes me so encouraged to be a mother. It is that look that Jackson gives me. When he turns around, looks into my eyes and gives me the look as if to say, "Hi mom. I trust you. I love you."  It's the look like I am the greatest person on this earth.  What a huge responsibility and privilege that I've been given to raise this little boy with Jonathan. 

here are a few shots from our week
men in white (grandad Byrne)
playing outside with Grandmother Beth
Blair and I just did the Wicked 10K as 80s prom queens. Yes, our hair is crimped :)

I never go out to eat but yesterday I was running errands with jackson and I thought it would be fun to stop at Chick Fil A. We got some nuggets and a yogurt and shared our lunch together. This brings back memories of being a kid and going out to eat with mom and made me really excited for when Jackson is a little older and we can go on 'dates' together. Chick Fil A is the BEST place to bring a 1 year old if you are by yourself. They not only asked what I needed, but they even anticipated my needs, bringing a place mat, toy and cleaning up for me when I was covered in yogurt, mustard and chicken. I might be forced to go there more often since it was such a great experience! :) 
  I bought some crayons for a program through church and got an extra pack for Jackson. Coloring is slightly above his skill set at this time. His goals were holding all of the crayons in his hands and making sure to lick each one. The green tasted the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment