Monday, January 16, 2012

Jackson's baptism and my return to work

On Sunday, we had the joy of having Jackson baptized at our church in Norfolk, Trinity Presbyterian Church.  We are so blessed to call him our son and continually pray for God's guidance as we learn how to parent him.  We pray that he will become a strong man of God and we are so grateful for all of you who have prayed for him (and us!) and continue to do so.  


 Carter is reading the charge to us as parents that we acknowledge that Jackson is in need of a saviour and we will raise him in the grace and knowledge of the saviour we know, and the charge to the church to support Jackson as he grows.  Check out pastor Jack's face...he loves kids :)


 Getting baptized


 Our family (Jackson 12 weeks and still the king of spit-up!)


 The grandparents made it for the baptism (Pop pop and grandmom McKay, granddad and grandmother Beth Byrne). We also got a late Christmas present from great grandpa and great nana McKay, a children's Bible with special notes from both of them (Nana's is in Japanese, how special!) 


 Jackson LOVES Itsy Bitsy Spider and has started to mimic hand motions for that song! 

     On another note, I go back to work part-time tomorrow and have very mixed emotions about it. I am incredibly excited to go back to work because I really do love my job.  Working 20 hours should be a perfect amount of time to allow me to stay current, excited and not get worn down with a full 40 hours of patient care which would leave me yearning for Friday some weeks.  I'll be doing normal treatments, sports performance evals (runners, swimmers) and dry needling, making each and every day very different, which is what I enjoy about being a PT.  I'll have two 10 hour days which end at 7pm, a time that was exhausting when I first started, became more exhausting when I was pregnant and I think will just leave me missing Jackson now.  As he starts to have a more regular bed time at 7/8pm, I might not get a chance to see him until our middle of the night feeding and sometimes it's hard to be excited about a baby at 2am :)
     We have a babysitter from church/ODU coming to the house to stay with Jackson, which is an answer to prayer. She is amazing and I know she will take great care of our precious little boy. We had her over for dinner the other week and I proceeded to give her a full tour of every nook and cranny in the house, told her ALL about Jackson and went through the Babysitter Binder I prepared. As crazy as it all seems, giving her all the information has allowed me to have a great sense of peace about leaving him tomorrow.  Recently, people have been telling me that I am so relaxed, easygoing, etc both in my roles as "Heather" and "Mom", which many of you (myself included) may say is crazy! I am queen of to-do lists, maximizing time, cleaning and organizing. However, since getting married to Jonathan we have begun to rub off on each other in a very good way, allowing me to slow down, rest and enjoy more of life.  I think this phase of life with Jackson is a way to allow me to surrender some control, relax a little and enjoy where God has me, as part-time healer and part-time-stay-at-home-mom (I don't think there is such thing as a 'part-time mom' just a 'part-time-stay-at-home-mom'.) It is my wish that by working and parenting I will be able to do both with energy and joy.  I hope I can fully concentrate on work tomorrow knowing that Jackson is in good hands with Liz and that I am no less of a mother for wanting to work a little during the week.  



 Some precious cuddle time with Jackson in his new sling


 Changing time with daddy


 He loves being naked on his changing table (hopefully this stops at an appropriate point in his life!) Sometimes I bring him upstairs just to play and see him smile even if his diaper is clean. We adore his smile


Getting in 'tummy time' however we can while he is still smiling

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet time for Jackson and his family.
    Love always, PopPop

    ReplyDelete