Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Thanksgiving Belly

It's 15 weeks and 3 days today!

I had another check-up yesterday and met a new doctor who is equally as wonderful as my main OB, Dr. Puritz. I am very confident to deliver with this group at Sentara Leigh. I keep hearing great things about the nursing staff and the rooms at the hospital. Plenty of room for visitors, hint hint.
 
At this point, I have lost a pound and am back to my original weight, but I have no idea how that works! Where did the weight of this new "Thanksgiving belly" go? Jonathan assures me that it looks like a baby bump, but I think it looks like a nice beer gut. Thankfully I have my trusty Bella Band to tuck things in. It's like Spanks for pregnant women :) I am still in my regular clothes but I have gracious friends and family members who have/are going to supply a great maternity wardrobe for me soon!
We have a very mobile baby. I don't know if this is normal, but we think it's exciting to know that our little one is swimming like crazy every day.  During all of our ultrasounds the baby has been wiggling and moving its arms. Dr. Puritz had a very difficult time finding the heart rate during that first check at 11 weeks and Dr. Proctor almost lost it as well. But all sounds and looks good in baby world.

We have picked out a crib and are starting to look at other baby furniture for the nursery. It's amazing as so much of this starts to become real and we're seeing evidence of a baby in our home already. Jill Speasmaker gave us our first baby book, Brown Bear Brown Bear, which was a favorite for both of us growing up. We know baby Byrne will just love it (and will love Jill, also!).

Celebrating Easter at Beth and Matt's house (14 weeks)

No comments:

Post a Comment