Sunday, April 17, 2011

Jonathan's ideas for baby names

I'm not a huge blogger so I'll leave the important aspects of this blog to my lovely wife Heather since she is doing such a great job.   But I figured since we are going to have a blaby, I could use this blog to explore some blaby names to see what the general public thinks.

If we have a girl, I think LaPrecious would be a beautiful name.  We could even spell it LaPreshus in order to be unique since LaPrecious is a really common name these days, especially here in Norfolk.  Also by coincidence, Lapreshus happens to be our dog Lincoln's middle name.  A popular one at the hospital tends to be L-a, which is pronounced Ladasha, so that could be nice too.  Another popular one over at the children's hospital is Imapressuzusangel which of course is pronounced "I'm a precious angel." I also like Contessa or Mercedes because that would obviously be very classy.  We have also talked about names like Rachel or Taylor if the above suggestions don't work out.

Now if we have a boy, I think the obvious choices would be Lloyd or Floyd.  Heather seems very partial to both of these.  I like Lincoln Byrne II since we love our dog so much, but I'm not sure if we could name the child "the second" since he and Link would not be related by blood and I think in the end this would create more confusion around the house than it would be worth.  I met a patient the other day at the hospital named General, which sounds to me like the name of a born leader.  Can you picture, it- General Byrne?  I don't think Gaylord is quite the popular name it once was which is a shame.  I think Dorcas is a woman's name, is it not?  If not, then that would be an option as well. Other options we've been considering are Benny, Jermaine and Kobe.   We have also discussed the names Jackson, Thomas, or Taylor for a boy if the above selections prove too popular and we decide to be original.  What if we made Jackson the middle name and General the first name?

Luckily we still have many more months to daydream about baby names, but I think all of these are good options and Heather wholeheartedly agrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment