Sunday, May 24, 2015

April

We thoroughly enjoyed the month of April. We spent many days outside, got passes to Busch Gardens, watched lots of soccer and visited the park as much as possible. We've had Community Group Bible study events, dinners out with friends and good family time around the house. 

Jackson is a spunky 3 1/2 year old. He's grown 1 little inch in the past 6 months but for some reason seems so much taller. He is unafraid of new things like jumping off of very tall ledges, climbing the highest spots on the playground and scootering around ODU like he's part of a race. When we go as a family (JB on the skateboard, pulled by Lincoln; J on his scooter, hooting and hollering and having a blast; me running besides behind with Rachel in the jogger), we turn lots of heads at ODU :) 

Here are some Jackson-isms: 
"Daddy eats on the couch. He tells me not to tell you"
One day when I was wearing a maxi dress: "Why are you wearing shirt pants? Mommy, why are you wearing a long shirt?"
When he stubbed his toe: "My Thumb toe hurts"
"Grandad, you wear me out! Do I wear your out? We wear each other out!"


As was true when he was younger, Jackson still loves wearing no pants (he does have undies on, though, no worries!)
J and R are becoming good buddies. She is learning to hold her own when it comes to her toys but Jackson still wins every battle for stuffed animals or puzzle pieces. There are occasional moments when I find him reading to her or teaching her about a special toy of his. Then other moments he is roundhouse kicking her in the stomach or throwing a teddy bear at her head.  Good thing she is tough and completely adores him. 
We saw this picture of Uncle Matt, Aunt Chase and William and just had to share it. Aren't they a good looking group? I can't believe we live so far away and only get to see them once a year or so. But, pictures will have to do! 
We have really enjoyed our days at Busch Gardens this spring. Jackson confidently goes on rides by himself. He likes everything he has been on so far (JB and I have to trade off who has to go on the teacups before we vomit...) and is dying to go on the battering ram (the huge ship that goes practically upside down). If he was terrified on it and I could hear him screaming, I would never forgive myself. I think JB can take him on it while I hide somewhere out of sight or hearing distance with Rachel.  


Some days in the Spring, you come home from church and put on Christmas PJs and watch Frozen.  As you can tell, Rachel really likes it too!
I forgot these pictures in my last post on Grandparents and how thankful we are for them. WE love grandmom and pop pop and are so grateful that they make the 3 hour trip frequently to see our kids grow up! 


Finally, Jonathan spent the last year working on an album of original songs and melodies for church. He produced this at Blue Room Studios (aka our computer room) with his friends Ben Lyon and Allyson Sabin. I'm so proud of them for their creativity, inspiration and hard work. Please check out the album and download it for free (you can put $0 when it asks to name your price). 

Enjoy! 
https://pilgrimproject.bandcamp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment