Wednesday, June 8, 2011

100% Boy

Well, in the words of our ultrasound tech, our baby is 100% boy, no doubt about it!
Jonathan and I had the 20 week appointment on Monday morning after a great weekend with friends and family at two weddings/receptions.  Our baby looks so healthy, with a heart rate of 152, a cute button nose and super long legs (soccer player? marathon runner?) We are so relieved to have a glowing report from our doctor and to know that so far, everything is going very well. Thank you all for your prayers and support.  We are excited to see what the 2nd 1/2 of the pregnancy brings.

I have not felt very pregnant so far. It's hard for the pregnancy to seem real when there is not much evidence of anything going on. I have been desperate to feel kicking in order to feel more connected to the baby and to have daily reminders that HE is ok.  Well, on Sunday night I lay on the floor of my parents' den and placed my hands on my belly and willed the baby to start kicking. Well, sure enough he did! All I have wanted to do is to keep my hands on my belly to feel his little movements. He mostly kicks in the afternoon while I am at work. It's so special to feel little reminders of our little guy and how he is living and growing.

Will post our most recent US pictures once I get them scanned in. For now, here is one of his cute nose :)
20 weeks
 cute baby gear from Aunt Dwyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment